1. Don’t act like a clown, be a clown!
2. Give till it hurts!
3. You should feel more comfortable in your costume than you do in your own skin!
4. A clown is not a slave to fashion!
5. A clown is both unique and universal!
6. It’s more important to think like a clown than to look like a clown!
7. Clown and the whole room clowns with you!
8. Don’t talk down to the children!
9. Never let them see you sweat!
One last clown rule: If you can’t laugh at yourself, you’ll never be a clown!
Turk Pipkin in "Be a Clown!"